IV Certification Course Application
Things the LPN Should know BEFORE starting the IV Certification Course
The Mississippi LPN Association (MLPNA) in collaboration with Jones County Junior College, Northwest Community College and the Mississippi Board of Nursing welcomes you to the Mississippi LPN Expanded Role in IV Certification Course. The course arrangement is comparable to a hybrid college course with online and clinical components. The expanded role curriculum is established by the Mississippi Board of Nursing and is located on the website: http://www.msbn.state.ms.us
BEFORE Starting the course, the LPN must submit the following documents required by the Mississippi Board of Nursing
- Send an email to MLPNA expressing your interest in the course and requesting the next dates of enrollment. firstname.lastname@example.org . Course class schedule is on separate document
- Pre-Admission Screening and Verification of one year of clinical experience as an LPN within the past three (3)years – MBON for PN Form #PIV16 5/05MBON – Fill out and send copy by email to email@example.com
- Submit an official copy of your college transcript. Have it Sent Electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fill out the designated Clinical Site application and email to email@example.com
MAIL THE FORMS TO:
MISSISSIPPI LPN ASSOCIATION
P.O. BOX 1495
LAUREL, MS 39441
The LPN will be notified by MLPNA if the application is complete and accepted. DO NOT make payment until an email of verification of acceptance is received.
Payment in full for Theory and Clinical component are due before the start of the class or clinical
- Payment of theory course is via PayPal at www.mslpn.org Cost $6.25 per hour x 40 hours = $250.00 is due at the time of registration and must be made by 10 days before the course start date.
- Payment of the clinical course at Costs $3.75 per hour x 40 hours + supplies =$150.00 is due at the time of registration and must be made by 10 days before the clinical start date.
Clinical payment is made to the clinical site of choice and must be accompanied by the college registration form
- Purchase the textbook: Hadaway, Lynn , Infusion Therapy made Incredibly Easy 5th Edition. 2018. ISBN 9781496355010 Wolters Kluwer 2018.
All assignments and Testing will be done online at www.mslpn.org
The IV therapy course has two components:
- Theory -‐ 40 hours. Theory course is online. The LPN is expected to do readings and workbook assignments with the support of the textbook; Intravenous Therapy for Health Care Personnel. Booth; AND view the provided PowerPoint presentations. The LPN is tested in each of the 6 units with a minimum score of 80 required. A comprehensive online final exam will is administered at the completion of the six units. The Course objectives and learning experience are listed in Mississippi Board of Nursing (MBON) Curriculum for LPN Expanded role LPN
- Lab/ Clinical – 40 hours or simulation lab equivalent. The clinical course will be arranged by the instructor(s) in groups based on the number of participates. Each LPN will be contacted by the clinical instructor via email with specific instructions during week before the end of the theory course. The LPN will be expected to do Lab and Clinical at either Jones County Junior College located at 900 South Court Street Ellisville, MS 39437 or Northwest Mississippi Community College located at 4975 Hwy 51 North Senatobia, MS 38668. The clinical skills as listed in the Mississippi Board of Nursing (MBON) Curriculum for LPN Expanded role LPN in IV therapy will be checked off in the lab and clinical setting. The lab will be simulated skills and the use of an IV Simulator.
- The LPN will be expected to wear clean scrubs, leather shoes and a visible name tag for lab/clinical course.
AFTER Completion of Course
- MLPNA will submit a course transcript to the Mississippi Board of Nursing.
- the LPN will go to their nurse gateway account on the MBON website and fill out the IV therapy expanded role application.
MLPNA hopes that the LPN will take advantage of this exceptional educational offering. If you have additional questions email firstname.lastname@example.org
Provider # The Mississipi LPN Associations is an approved provider of Continuing Education by the Alabama Board of Nursing. Provider # ABNP 1523 effective 03/07/2018 to 03/07/2022. Site :# Online03072018-12312022. The licensee must retain this Certificate for four(4) years or equivalent to two licensure periods.
Dates _MLPNA IV Certification Class 2020